Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas in Sloten


As promised more photos of my living environment. On the shelves you see part of my earthenware collection. Not only lovely to look at but I also use them as objects for my still life paintings.



Many years ago when Jacob was still living in Sloten we hand painted these christmas tree ornaments. I still find them beautiful and use the ornaments every year.




These photos are taken in candlelight. I love the soft, magical touch that candles bring to a room, in this case my living room.






The final three photos are taken in my studio. I am currently working on different projects. Some dolls are finished but these three have to wait until the holidays are over. It is now time to celebrate!

I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas!

Geertruida











1 comment:

  1. I love your house beautiful inside!!! Found your blog from etsy chat room!

    ReplyDelete